The mission of FCA is to create a nurturing environment that encourages and equips its students to fully seek truth for their lives, producing citizen-leaders of excellence, wisdom, and Christian faith.
FCA operates as a Biblical-based, Christ-centered, non-denominational school established in January 2009 with our foundation based on Galatians 5:13; reminding us that,
“it is for freedom that Christ has set us free, therefore serve one another in love.”
It is for the glory of the Lord, we seek to develop the whole person spiritually, academically, emotionally and physically with the highest standards. It is our desire to encourage the leadership gifts of our students so they may serve their community now and as they mature into adulthood. Freedom is a college-preparatory program housing grades K5-12, a Pre-School, and Freedom Courts.
Above, all, we are committed to diligently share Christ’s love and His life with our students so each one of them may find a relationship with their Savior, Jesus Christ.
Statement of Faith
The Essentials of Faith and Distinctives of the Christian Faith are taught at Freedom based upon our understanding of God’s Holy Word, the Bible.
Essentials of Faith
- We believe the Old and New Testaments to be inerrant in their original writings and given by inspiration of God to provide a complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men. They make up the divine and only rule of Christian faith and practice. (II Timothy 3:6-17)
- We believe there is one God, who is infinitely perfect, existing eternally in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Luke 3:21-22)
- We believe in Jesus Christ who is fully human and fully divine. He is the only begotten Son of God, full of grace and truth, conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin, Mary. (John 3:16, Hebrews 2:9)
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is a divine Person, sent to indwell, guide, teach, and empower the believer, and convince the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment. (John 16:7-8)
- We believe that man was created in the likeness and image of God, and that he fell through disobedience, thereby incurring both spiritual and physical death. All men are born with a sinful nature, are separated from the life of God, and can be saved only through the atoning work of Jesus Christ. (Romans 3)
- We believe that salvation has been provided through Jesus Christ for all men; those who repent and believe in Him are born again of the Holy Spirit, receive the gift of eternal life, and become the children of God. (Acts 3:19-30)
- We believe that Jesus Christ died upon a cross, the just for the unjust, as a substitutionary sacrifice, and all who believe on Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood. (I Peter 3:18)
- We believe that Jesus Christ was bodily raised up from the dead according to the Scriptures and has ascended to sit at the right hand of the Father in heaven. From there He ever lives to make intercession for His saints as our High Priest and Advocate. (Romans 8:34)
- We believe in the personal, imminent return of Jesus Christ to establish His Kingdom of righteousness and peace. (John 14:1-4)
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the head of the Church, which is made up of all those who believe in Him, are redeemed through His blood, and are born again of the Holy Spirit.(Colossians 1:18)
Statement on Marriage, Family, Gender, and Sexuality
- We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Genesis 1:26-27). Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
- We believe the family is the basic unit of society established by God, who intends for it to consist of a man and a woman legally married to each other in a permanent relationship, which may or may not produce children. If the man and woman have children, they are responsible to train and teach those children in biblical principles. (Genesis 2:24; Deuteronomy 6:6-7; Romans 7:2; I Corinthians 7:10)
- We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Genesis 2:18-25; Romans 7:2; 1 Corinthians 7:10; Ephesians 5:22-23). We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other (1 Corinthians 6:18; 7:2-5; Hebrews 13:4).
- We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman. We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, bisexual conduct, bestiality, fornication, homosexual behavior, incest, use of pornography, and transgender) is sinful and offensive to God (Matthew 15:18-20; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10).
- We believe that in order to preserve the function and integrity of FCA as the local Body of Christ, and to provide a biblical role model to the members and the community, it is imperative that all persons employed by Freedom Christian Academy in any capacity, or who serve as volunteers, agree to and abide by this Statement on Marriage, Family, Gender, and Sexuality (Matthew 5:16; Philippians 2:14-16; 1 Thessalonians 5:22).
- We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ (Acts 3:19-21; Romans 10:9-10; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11).
- We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31). Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the statement of faith at Freedom Christian Academy.
The Sanctity of Human Life
- We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image (Genesis 1:26-27). Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life (Psalm 139).
- We believe that the local church is a body of believers in Christ who are joined together for the worship of God, for edification through the word of God, for prayer, fellowship, preaching of the gospel, and observance of the ordinances of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper. (Acts 2:42)
- We believe the mission of the Church is to go into the entire world as a witness, preaching the gospel to all nations, and to live a holy life, consistent with our Lord’s example and teaching. (Matt. 28:18-20)
- We believe in the eternal security and everlasting blessedness of the saved and the eternal conscious punishment of the lost. (Rev. 20:12)
- We believe in the pre-millennial return of Jesus Christ to rapture His bride, the Church, and that He will bring judgments on the earth before His kingdom reign begins. (1 Thess. 4:14-18)