To create a nurturing environment that encourages and equips its students to fully seek truth for their lives, producing citizen-leaders of excellence, wisdom, and Christian faith.
At the core of our beliefs about children is the knowledge that every one of them is a gift from God. As we partner with parents to train and teach their precious children, we are mindful of their differences because the Lord created them all for His purpose. Nurturing the treasure in each child in a safe environment is of the utmost importance if they are to reach their full potential. That is why teachers use a variety of strategies to enhance learning: group work, individualized instruction, creative fun, projects, drills, field trips, discussions, music, physical activity, and skits.
Vision is about foresight, looking ahead to the future, and seeing your destination. In a world that is violent, in a country that is being secularized, and in a society that is selfish, we are dedicated to building leaders that want to serve the Lord for His glory and His purposes. To accomplish this task, students are trained to become self-reliant learners, independent thinkers and generous stewards. With an emphasis on church and community involvement, students can learn at an early age the blessing of teamwork, membership, citizenship, and godly service. The ultimate vision is to produce well-rounded leaders who think biblically in all situations.
OUR GOALS & OBJECTIVES
The major academic goal for Freedom was met in 2013 when we received full accreditation from ACSI/SACS and AdvancEd. (NAPS accreditation was completed in 2011).
Our desire is to partner with parents in developing a non-denominational Christian community school for their children that does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, or denomination. To accomplish this, FCA has committed to pursue 10 major objectives:
- To instruct using a God-centered curriculum, teaching the basic doctrines of faith
- To provide multiple opportunities for students to find God, know God, obey God, and serve God
- To lead students to confess Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord so they may lead others to do the same
- To encourage, support, and give guidance to parents in the home
- To encourage high academic standards, good study habits, common sense reasoning, and responsible ethics
- To help pupils gain a thorough comprehension and command of the fundamentals of interpersonal communication with a strong emphasis on reading, writing, speaking, and listening
- To provide activities designed to arouse curiosity, stimulate creativity, and to enrich understanding of the arts while fostering an appreciation for its many facets.
- To provide opportunities for all children to exercise, participate in organized outside activities, and be a part of an athletic team if they should so desire
- To promote good citizenship through an appreciation of our American heritage and the Judeo-Christian tradition that highlights responsible freedom, human dignity, and the acceptance of authority
- To develop an understanding of God’s world, an awareness of man’s role in his environment and his God-given responsibilities to properly use and preserve it
Authentic Faith-putting your trust in God – Proverbs 3:5-6
Spiritual Discipline-seeing with God’s eyes – Romans 12:2
Moral Boundaries-paving the way to purity – I Thessalonians 4:3-8
Healthy Relationships-choosing friends wisely for life – Psalm 133:1
Wise Choices-walking wisely in an unsaved world – Ephesians 5:15-17
Ultimate Authority-finding freedom under God – Romans 13:1-2
Others First-considering others before yourself – Philippians 2:3-11
OUR PHILOSOPHY OF CHRISTIAN EDUCATION
As Christians, we serve an Almighty, Sovereign God who loves each of us and gives us hope for the future. The majesty of our God is seen in Creation. In His creation of man, He exhibits that love and uniqueness by awarding each individual person special gifts of personality, intellect, physical ability and creative talents. FCA provides a loving and safe educational environment to nurture these God-given gifts and abilities.
However, we must also recognize that man is born a sinner and in need of Jesus as his Savior. Ultimately our goal at FCA is to lead our students into a saving knowledge of Him that will continually transform their hearts and minds every day. As they mature in that personal relationship, equipped with Christian values and skills, it is our hope that students will begin to see the importance of wisdom, character, and service, over knowledge, career, and self. Students, no matter how young, can have an impact on their world, and FCA was in part established to encourage and then help train up those citizen leaders.
Our staff is made-up of believers who can impart God’s message of redemption to any individual but they are certified as professionals in the teaching profession. Hard work is expected by all who participate in this process: faculty, parents and students.
OUR DOCTRINAL STATEMENT
- We believe the Bible to be the inerrant, inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God.
- We believe there is only one God, eternally existent in three persons-Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe in the necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature.
- We believe that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ, and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone are we saved.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost.